General Submission Guidelines
- All submissions must adhere to the guidelines in the corresponding Call for Proposals or Concept Notes.
- All proponents must submit proposals online through the Submittable. Mailed, emailed, or faxed proposals will not be accepted or acknowledged.
- The deadline set by system's time is based on Bangkok/Hanoi/Jakarta time (GMT +7) and the system set that it does not allow for entries or changes to entries after the deadline date and time.
- To ensure that you receive messages about the status of your proposal, please use a valid email address and ensure that the email from Submittable is in your spam whitelist.
- After successfully submitting the proposal, the proponent will receive an email message confirming receipt of the submission. The message will contain your proposal ID number for future reference. Please include this number on all correspondence concerning your proposal.
Guidelines for Using Submittable
- You will need to create a free Submittable account or sign in with Google or Facebook credentials to submit to these forms.
- You can save a draft of your work if you would like to finish filling out the form at a later date.
- If anything changes with the information you submitted, please request to edit the submission. OR If you need to make changes to your form, please withdraw your submission and resubmit.
- Submittable works best on Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Internet Explorer is not supported. Please make sure you are using a supported browser, and have updated to the most recent version of your browser.
- We will follow-up with you about your submission by email. Please be sure to safelist notification emails from Submittable and regularly check the email you used to sign up for your Submittable account.
The research ideas, concept notes, proposals or projects that are developed by at least one SUMERNET partner institute for the work in the Mekong region but funded outside of SUMERNET's programme are eligible to apply to consider as the SUMERNET projects. However, the endorsement entails no financial support for the project, although the project may benefit from exposure within the network and SUMERNET regional activities and events.
Criteria/conditions for endorsement by SUMERNET
- Research project endorsed by SUMERNET should address significant issues under the SUMERNET themes.
- The project needs to provide the following outputs:
- 1-page summary of the project for the website and SUMERNET project profile booklet
- 1-page summary for annual progress report and 2-page summary for final completion report
- Acknowledging SUMERNET as one of supporters in all project outputs such as peer review papers, book chapers, policy briefs, press release, article for newspapers, TV news, film and other communications products.
- SUMERNET partner who participates in the project submits a letter of interest to endorse their research concept notes, proposals or projects as the SUMERNET projects together with required (non-funding) supports from SUMERNER to the Secretariat.
- The Secretariat reviews the application and submits the Secretariat’s comments and recommendations together with all supporting documents to the SC for consideration (within 2 weeks)
- The Secretariat informs the results of SC decision to the applicant (within 1 week).
- If the project is endorsed as the SUMERNET project, a MOU will be signed between the SUMERNET Secretariat and partners to implement the above SUMERNET supports and partner responsibilities.
- After the MOU signed, the Secretariat will coordinate with the project team in making the announcement of new SUMERNET project on SUMERNET mailing list and website as appropriate.
This online form is facilitating collection relevant information of the project proposed for endorsement. This information will be considered by SUMERNET SC and Secretariat on the endorsement decision.