SUMERNET announces a call for proposals for its joint action grants for 2019. Total fund available in this round is SEK 2,700,000 for 6 projects with the budget not more than SEK 450,000 per project (approximately not more than USD 45,000 per project).
SUMERNET will fund the joint actions that directly address policy settings and issues to meet programme goals. SUMERNET 4 All has a mission to “improve the policies and practices in reducing water insecurity by conducting collaborative research, engaging in the policy process, and promoting scientifically sound research and innovation while considering gender and social equality, human rights, conflict sensitivity, environmental integrity and poverty reduction in the Mekong Region.”
The main purpose of this grant is to maximise the impact of scientifically- proven results or innovations to reduce water insecurity for all. Priority will be given to the proposals that have a great potential to upscale or scale out the impacts from existing research or innovations to positively enhance the policies and practices for the benefits of all water users especially the marginalized groups of people. More details about this call is available here: http://sumernet.org/content/sumernet-4-all- call-proposals-joint-action.
The project proposal lead must be a formal member of SUMERNET. If the project proposal lead is not a member of SUMERNET yet, they can apply before or on the date of proposal submission at this link.
Process and timeline
- 30th November 2019, deadline for submission of all application documents via this online system.
- By 20th January 2020, successful applications will be notified.
- February 2020, the project lead and project boundary partner of all successful joint action teams will need to join the SUMERNET Annual Meeting including a series of events that will be held 4-5 days tentatively in February 2019.
- By 20th February 2020, successful teams will submit the updated proposals that incorporate the comments from the reviewers into account.
- By 28th February 2020, evaluation of the updated proposal and grantee contract completion
- 1st March 2020, successful teams will start the implementation of joint action projects.
Required documents for submission:
- Completed proposal in required format. Download proposal template here http://sumernet.org/content/sumernet-4-all-call-proposals-joint-action (including annexes).
- Short CVs (not more than three pages/person) of the Team Leader, project boundary partner, and not more than three key persons of the team including at least one female that will play important role in the team.
- 3 sample publications relevant to this assignment that the Team Leader or team members served as the lead or co-authors.
- Not more than 2 publications related to selected research results/innovation that will be used for this joint action to demonstrate that they are credible and/or have been applied successfully in other areas.
- Official letter of support/commitment from the project boundary partner, highlighting the real needs (linking with water insecurity in their areas) and wish to apply that research results or innovation in their area.
To initiate application, please complete the submission form.