SUMERNET announces a call for application for its small grants for 2019. Total funds available in this round is 250,000 SEK. The ceiling budget for each grant is between 30,000 SEK and 50,000 (approximately 3,000-5,000 USD/grant).
The specific objectives of this small grant are to support activities of SUMERNET network members and their partners toward pathways to policy impact based on previous or current set of SUMERNET research projects and focused on the achievements of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) relevant to our current efforts in reducing water insecurity for all. These activities include:
1) generating collaborative and transdisciplinary approaches toward policy development and engagement models (good practice) jointly designed by the researchers and boundary partners.
2) mainstreaming a gender and social equality, conflict sensitivity, pro-poor and rights-based approach into sub-national, national and regional water management policy and practice.
3) communicating their research results for positive impacts in policy and practice.
4) generating opportunities for the researchers and boundary partners to access to additional resources that will enable them to conduct the research or other activities related to reducing water insecurity for all in the Mekong Region.
The grants aim to support the following types of activities:
- Hosting small events for policy engagement, transdisciplinary dialogue and knowledge-based policy development
- Participating in large events as the team or as a panel
- Supporting proposal development
- Engaging in policy dialogues
- Engaging with marginalized groups and/or women’s associations or organizations
- Exchange visits with other projects or teams for concrete collaboration
- Communicating research results to partners and the wider public
- The lead applicant must be a formal member of SUMERNET. If you have not registered to be a formal member of SUMERNET yet, please register by filling this online membership form before the submission of your application.
- The application should be jointly submitted by the members from more than one country.
- Note that the existing grantees of SUMERNET research projects, or the grantees of the Groundwater Integrated Regional Assessment, or other joint action grants already funded by SUMERNET in 2019 are not eligible to apply for this round of small grants.
D. Process and timeline
- 30th November 2019, deadline for submission of all application documents via online system (https://sei.submittable.com/submit/149264/sumernet-4-all-call-for-small-grant-applications)
- 20th January 2020, successful applications will be notified by the SUMERNET Secretariat
- February 2020, grantee contract completion between the grantees and SUMERNET Secretariat
- March – August 2020, implementation of small grants activities by the grantees
- By 31st August 2020, submission of required outputs by the grantees to the SUMERNET Secretariat
For more information, please access the call document here:
Required documents for submission:
Please ensure that you have prepared these documents before starting online submission:
- Completed application in required template. Download the template at this link.
- Short CVs (not more than three pages/person) of the Team Leader and not more than three key persons of the team including at least one female that will play an important role in the team.
- The application is jointly submitted with the boundary partner, official letter of support from the boundary partner, highlighting the intention to collaborate in the implementation of small grant activities.
To initiate application, please complete the submission form.